- Practice areas
- Areas of expertise
German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht; GRUR)
German Computer Law Association (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Recht und Informatik; DGRI)
ITechLaw - International Technology Law Association
German, English, French
- Legal practice
Bettina Komarnicki has extensive experience in counseling and representing clients in the areas of IT and software law, copyright law, unfair competition law, trademark law, the law relating to distribution and licensing agreements as well as data protection law. This includes drafting and negotiating complex agreements, such as for example system integration and outsourcing agreements, as well as counseling and representation of clients in and out of court in the aforementioned legal areas. Bettina advises leading international software developers and IT service providers as well as medium-sized companies and start-up enterprises.
- Education and career
- Since 2000: German attorney with FPS, Frankfurt
- 1996 – 1999: German attorney with Clifford Chance, Frankfurt
- 1994 – 1996: German attorney with Wessing Berenberg-Gossler Zimmermann Lange (now Taylor Wessing), Frankfurt
- 1990 – 1993: Trainee lawyer (articled clerk) with the Berlin Court of Appeals (Kammergericht Berlin)
- 1990: Junior Manager Legal Affairs with Orbit Software (UK) Ltd., London, England
- 1988/1989: LL.M. in International Commercial Law, University of Kent at Canterbury, England
- 1981 – 1987: Undergraduate degree in law at the Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
Bettina Komarnicki recommended in the areas Information Technology: Contracts/Litigation (“very pragmatic” and "thoroughly competent"; „extremely competent", competitor) and Trademarks and Design / Unfair Competition.
Best Lawyers / Handelsblatt
Since already 2009, Bettina Komarnicki was selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in Germany in the fields of Information Technology Law as well as Intellectual Property Law.