- Legal practice
As a transactional lawyer Mr Herper advises in the context of M&A transactions, in particular in connection with restructurings.
He has extensive experience in out-of-court and in-court restructurings. One of his main areas of practice is advising the boards of companies in crisis. In this context, Mr Herper assists companies and their executive bodies in the context of a crisis as well as in the context of judicial restructuring proceedings (self-administration / debtor in possesion proceedings). In addition, Mr Herper advises shareholders, prospective buyers, lenders and insolvency administrators on the development and implementation of financing and transaction structures. Another focus of Mr Herper's work is advising creditors in the course of a crisis or insolvency of their business and contractual partners.
Mr Herper primarily advises in special economic situations. In particular, Mr. Herper advises companies in crisis and their executive bodies in the context of restructuring and insolvency proceedings. The development and implementation of restructuring concepts as well as advising the management on out-of-court and in-court reorganisation measures form a key focus of Mr Herper's activities. In addition, Mr Herper regularly advises creditors in the event of economic difficulties and insolvencies of their suppliers, customers and other business partners.
In addition, he regularly assists in court disputes in connection with rescission and liability proceedings under insolvency law.
Mr Herper's experience includes:
- Advising a consortium of banks in the context of a group insolvency
- General representative of individual subsidiaries of the Recylex Group in the context of debtor in possession proceedings.
- Advising the management in the context of debtor in possession proceedings in the agricultural sector
- Several advice in connection with insolvency filing obligations of companies in crisis
- Advising the management of an international group of companies in connection with refinancing and balance sheet restructuring
- Self-administration proceedings of a group of companies in the steel construction sector
- Advising the management (automotive) on a going concern forecast in the context of an M&A transaction
- Advising within the scope of a trusteeship
- Preparation and support of restructuring concept with carve-out structure
- Representation of insolvency administrators in the context of insolvency-specific litigation (insolvency avoidance & directors' liability)
- Advising on distressed M&A transactions (seller & buyer)
- Advising OEM (automotive) in the context of insolvency of a supplier
- Areas of expertise
- German Lawyers Association
- Working Group Insolvency Law and Restructuring
- FPS begleitet Bankenkonsortium im Rahmen der Insolvenzverfahren der Rubie’s Deutschland Gruppe
- Lieferkette in Gefahr: Was tun bei einer Lieferanteninsolvenz?, in: Technik+Einkauf
- Carve-Out im Krisenfall: Das sind die Hürden, in: FINANCE MAGAZIN 09.04.2021
- Krisenprävention und Handlungsoptionen für Unternehmen in der Metallindustrie, in: MBI NE - METALLE MONITOR l Nr. 4
- Hilfsfonds für Zulieferer: Best Owner Group plant schon die ersten Übernahmen, Handelsblatt 03.02.2021
- Insolvenzexperte zum Fall Wirecard: Eigentümer schauen in die Röhre", Abendzeitung München 19.11.2020
- Schutzschirmverfahren erfolgreich beendet: FPS begleitet Norzinco GmbH bei gerichtlicher Sanierung
- FPS begleitet Transaktion im Rahmen des Schutzschirmverfahrens: Übertragende Sanierung des Arsengeschäfts der PPM Pure Metals GmbH
- Corona-Krise: „Akutes Krisenmanagement“, Cash.Online 27.05.2020
- FPS begleitet Unternehmen der Recylex-Gruppe bei weiterer Sanierung in Eigenverwaltung im Schutzschirmverfahren
- Corona-Pandemie: „Besondere Situationen erfordern Sonderlösungen“, Frankfurter Rundschau 15.03.2020
Daniel Herper recommended in the WirtschaftsWoche-listing in the field of restructuring law as TOP LAWYER.