Dr. Christoph Süßenberger
Certified Specialist in Intellectual Property
Frankfurt am Main
Eschersheimer Landstraße 25-27
60322 Frankfurt am Main
T +49 69 95 957-236
F +49 69 95 957-222
Doctorate degree: Frankfurt am Main 2000
Admitted in: 1999
Universities: Frankfurt am Main
- Legal practice
Dr. Christoph Süßenberger has been practicing law since 1999. He advises companies of various industries on IT law, digitalization and intellectual property: Start-ups, medium-sized companies and international market leaders.
Dr. Süßenberger's practice includes contracts, project consulting, (agile) software development and the legal implementation of innovative services, from XaaS to IoT. He provides IT law advice in the course of corporate transactions and public procurement procedures.
Furthermore, Dr. Süßenberger has profound expertise in the development and use of intellectual property in the digital environment. His clients trust his litigation experience in defending their intellectual property rights, in distressed IT projects and in compliance cases.
- Areas of expertise
- Registered Designs
- Product Piracy Task Force
- IT Due Diligence – Corporate Transactions
- License Compliance
- Copyright Law
- IT-Tenders / Procurement Law
- IT Security / Cyber Security
- Unfair Competition Law
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Digital Media / E-Commerce
- Artificial Intelligence
- Licensing law
- IT Litigation / Dispute Resolution
- Data Protection Law
- IT Contract Law (IT Projects, Business Process Outsourcing, XaaS)
Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht (GRUR)
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Recht und Informatik e.V. (DGRI)
German, English, French
- Education and career
Dr. Süßenberger studied at the University of Frankfurt and completed his dissertation on Internet Law in 2000.
- Handbuch Multimedia-Recht, in: Hoeren/Sieber, Kapitel: Allgemeines Werberecht, München 2006
- Vertragsrecht im Internet, in Rechtshandbuch zum E-Commerce, Verlag Dr. Otto Schmidt, Köln, 2002
- Buchbesprechung: Astrid Auer-Reinsdorff, Andrea Brandenburg: Urheberrecht und Multimedia, in: GRUR 2004, S. 494
- The "Publication" of Works Exclusively via the Internet and Their Copyright Protection in Germany, in: IIC 2004, S. 46
- Urteilsbesprechung: LG Nürnberg-Fürth, Besichtigungsanspruch bei vermuteter Urheberrechtsverletzung, in: MMR 2004, S. 627
- Das "Erscheinen" von Werken ausschließlich über das Internet und ihr urheberrechtlicher Schutz in Deutschland, in: GRUR 2003, S. 489
- Das Rechtsgeschäft im Internet, Peter Lang International Academic Publishers, 2000
Dr. Christoph Süßenberger recommended in Trademarks and unfair competition and Design (“objective negotiator with a good eye for conflict solutions”, “sharp as a tack, practice-oriented, experienced litigator”, competitors).
The Legal 500 Deutschland
Dr. Christoph Süßenberger recommended in information technology (including contracts).
Christoph was recommended in the current WirtschaftsWoche listing as "TOP Lawyer 2020" in the legal field of "Data Protection Law".
For the ranking, the Handelsblatt Research Institute (HRI) asked more than 940 lawyers from 130 law firms for their most renowned colleagues in data protection law. According to the jury's assessment, 28 law firms with 34 lawyers came out on top.
Handelsblatt / Best Lawyers®
Christoph Süßenberger selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in Germany in the fields of Data Security and Privacy Law as well as Intellectual Property Law.