- Areas of expertise
- Legal practice
Dr. Söhnke Greite-Scheuerman has worked as an attorney at our Hamburg office since 2015. He advises and represents midsize companies and private individuals, primarily on architectural law and public and private construction law.
One focus of his legal practice is litigating disputes on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants, in particular disputes involving private construction law. In addition, Dr. Greite-Scheuerman advises clients from the construction and real estate sectors on issues of public and private construction law. Thanks to his many years of working for various government agencies in Hamburg, he is able to draw on his vast experience with public law and public administration to successfully handle matters.
Dr. Greite-Scheuerman also handles employment law cases for employers, in particular disputes involving claims of employees working on a commission basis (e.g., brokers).
- Education and career
- 2015: Passed second state law examination: Court of Appeals of Hamburg, with assignments to two large national and international law firms (working in the area of real estate and real estate business law) and to the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce
- 2014: Wrote dissertation on insurance law at the University of Hamburg, Department of Insurance Science, under Prof. Dr. Robert Koch, LL.M. (McGill)
- 2011-2013: Worked for the Department of Internal Affairs and Sports, Hamburg
- 2011 Passed first state examination: University of Hamburg, specializing in commercial law with corporate law aspects
- 2010-2011: Worked as research assistant for member of the Hamburg State Assembly
- 2003-2009: Worked at various government agencies of the State of Hamburg
- 2006: Earned degree in public administration at the University for Applied Sciences, Hamburg