- Practice areas
- Legal practice
Matthias Druba is managing partner at the Berlin office.
Mr. Druba’s emphasis of expertise lies in public and administrative law, namely issues surrounding public construction and planning as well as municipal matters and such involving communal rates and taxes. Mr. Druba also is one of the leading legal experts concerning Germany’s reunification and subsequent restitution and indemnification controversies. His practice also comprises counsel and representation in large real estate transactions, including due diligence and contract negotiations as well as the rendition of full Services as a notary.
In addition, Mr. Druba is appointed as honorary judge at the Berlin Lawyers' Court, examiner at the Bar Examination Board Berlin-Brandenburg as well as at the Federal Chamber of Notaries´ Examination Board for the federal notary exam.
- Areas of expertise
German-American Lawyers' Association (DAJV)
- Education and career
- Honorary judge at the Berlin Lawyers' Court (since 2021)
- Examiner for the Federal Notary Exam at the Federal Chamber of Notaries´ Examination Board (since 2010)
- Examiner for the State Exam Board for Lawyers, Berlin-Brandenburg (since 2002)
- Guest lecturer at the University of Leipzig (2005-2015)
- Department head for the Trustee Administrative Authority (Treuhandanstalt), special assets division (1991/1992)
- He received his LL.M. (Master of Laws) at George Washington University, Washington D.C., USA (1990) with highest honors and was awarded a scholarship by the German National Academy Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes) (1985-1990)
- Entschädigung für NS-Opfer "Kein anderes Land hat so Wiedergutmachung geleistet", Interview mit LTO, 26.11.2012
- Vorschüsse für Erschließungsbeiträge können zurückgefordert werden, in: Das Grundeigentum, Nr. 8/2011
- Die Verfassungswidrigkeit der Berliner Wassertarife, in: Landes- und Kommunalverwaltung, Heft Januar 2010