- Practice areas
- Legal practice
Philipp Weber is an experienced corporate and M&A lawyer with a strong national and international expertise, particularly in the banking, tech, private equity and venture capital sector. Since his previous position as senior counsel and vice president at the corporate and regulatory legal department of a DAX-listed international commercial bank, he also advises on regulatory law as well as on corporate and loan portfolio transactions in the financial industry.
When working closely with his clients, Philipp is crafting pragmatic legal solutions which combine all relevant legal aspects as well as the client's economic needs. Therefore, he becomes their reliable legal advisor and trustworthy sparring partner.
Philipp is an active member of the growing venture capital, start-up and fintech community in Germany. With his great sense of innovative technology and business models, he successfully navigates founders and investors through all legal aspects of the full life cycle of start-ups, including founding, financing, share and asset deals as well as IPOs.
- Areas of expertise
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Incorporation and Restructuring of Companies, Reorganizations
- Shareholders' Meetings, Partners' Meetings
- Managers' Liability and D&O Insurance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Legal Advice for Officers, Directors and Managers
- Private Equity / Venture Capital
- Regulatory Law
- Education and career
- 2016 – 2018 Lawyer Hogan Lovells International LLP
- 2014 – 2016 Senior Counsel & Vice President of the legal department (dorporate & banking supervisory law) of Commerzbank AG
- 2010 – 2014 Lawyer CMS Hasche Sigle
- 2010 Second State Exam in Law, Hanseatic Court of Appeals
- 2008 First State Exam in Law, University of Münster