Information provided in compliance with Section 5 of the German Telemedia Act (TMG), Section 18 of the State Treaty on Media (MStV) and the German Regulations on the Disclosure Obligations of Service Providers (DL-InfoV)
FPS Fritze Wicke Seelig Partnerschaftsgesellschaft von Rechtsanwälten mbB
Location and registration: Frankfurt am Main, Local Court of Frankfurt am Main, partnership register no. 1865 German tax identification number: DE219074277
List of partners: Partners
The person responsible for the content of this website under Section 18 (2) of the State Treaty on Media (Medienstaatsvertrag - MStV) is Dr. Christoph Holzbach (FPS, Eschersheimer Landstraße 25 - 27, 60322 Frankfurt am Main).
T +49 30 88 59 27-0
F +49 30 88 59 27-100
T +49 211 30 20 15 - 0
F +49 211 30 20 15 – 90
Eschersheimer Landstr. 25-27
T +49 69 95 95 70
F +49 69 95 95 74 55
Große Theaterstraße 31
T +49 40 37 89 01 0
F +49 40 36 62 98
All attorneys of FPS are admitted to practice as lawyers (Rechtsanwalt) in the Federal Republic of Germany and are members of their local German Bar Association (Rechtsanwaltskammer). The responsible regulatory authority is the board of directors of the local German Bar Association (Rechtsanwaltskammer):
Berlin: Rechtsanwaltskammer Berlin
Littenstraße 9, 10179 Berlin - www.rak-berlin.de
Dusseldorf: Rechtsanwaltskammer Düsseldorf
Freiligrathstraße 25, 40479 Düsseldorf - www.rechtsanwaltskammer-duesseldorf.de
Frankfurt am Main: Rechtsanwaltskammer Frankfurt am Main
Bockenheimer Anlage 36, 60322 Frankfurt am Main - www.rechtsanwaltskammer-ffm.de, or Rechtsanwaltskammer Kassel
Karthäuserstraße 5 a, 34117 Kassel - www.rechtsanwaltskammer-kassel.de
Hamburg: Rechtsanwaltskammer Hamburg
Bleichenbrücke 9, 20354 Hamburg - www.rechtsanwaltskammerhamburg.de
Our attorneys are subject, inter alia, to the following professional laws, rules and regulations:
- Federal Attorneys’ Act (BRAO)
- Professional Rules for Attorneys (BORA)
- Professional Rules for Board-Certified Attorneys (FAO)
- Federal Attorneys' Fees Act (RVG)
- Professional Rules of Attorneys in the European Union (CCBE)
- Act on Services Provided by European Attorneys in Germany (EuRAG) dated March 9, 2000 (BGBl. I p. 182).
All professional laws, rules and regulations are available on the website of the German Bar Association at http://www.brak.de under "Informationspflichten gemäß § 5 TMG."
All notaries public belong to the corresponding chamber of their respective location. The professional title of “Notar” (notary public) was awarded in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Berlin: Berlin Chamber of Notaries Public
Littenstr. 10, 10179 Berlin - www.berliner-notarkammer.de
Frankfurt/Main: Frankfurt/Main Chamber of Notaries Public
Bockenheimer Anlage 36, 60322 Frankfurt - www.notarkammer-ffm.de
Competent regulatory authorities in accordance with section 92 BNotO for notaries public admitted in Berlin:
- The President of the Berlin District Court
The President of the Berlin District Court
Littenstraße 12 – 17
Tel.: (030) 9023-0
Fax: (030) 9023-2223
- The President of the Berlin Appellate Court
The President of the Berlin Appellate Court
Elßholzstr. 30 – 33
Tel.: (030) 9015-0
Fax: (030) 9015-2200
- Senate Department for Justice, Diversity and Anti-Discrimination
Senatsverwaltung für Justiz, Vielfalt und Antidiskriminierung
Salzburger Str. 21-25
Tel.: (030) 9013-0
Fax: (030) 9013-2000
Competent regulatory authorities in accordance with section 92 BNotO for notaries public admitted in Frankfurt/Main:
- The President of the Frankfurt/Main District Court
The President of the Frankfurt/Main District Court
T +49 69 1367 01
F +49 69 1367 6050
- The President of the Frankfurt/Main Higher District Court
The President of the Frankfurt/Main Higher District Court
T +49 69 1367 01
F +49 69 1367 2340
- The Land Administration of Justice of the State of Hesse
Ministry of Justice, for Integration and Europe of the State of Hesse
T +49 611 322 780
F +49 611 322 691
In particular, the following provisions of professional law apply:
- Bundesnotarordnung (BNotO – German Federal Notarial Code)
- Beurkundungsgesetz (BeurkG – German Notarization Act)
- Richtlinien der Notarkammern (Guidelines of the Chamber of Notaries) Frankfurt am Main and Berlin
- Dienstordnung für Notarinnen und Notare (Official Regulations for Notaries Public)
- Gerichts- und Notarkostengesetz (GNotKG – German Act on Court and Notary Public Costs)
- Gesetz zur Überführung der Testamentsverzeichnisse und der Hauptkartei beim Amtsgericht Schöneberg in Berlin in das Zentrale Testamentsregister der Bundesnotarkammer (Testamentsverzeichnis-Überführungsgesetz-TVÜG – German Act on the Transfer of the Registers of Wills and the Main Index at the Schöneberg Local Court in Berlin to the Central Register of Wills of the Federal Chamber of Notaries)
- European Code of Professional Conduct for Notaries
- Verordnung über die Führung notarieller Akten und Verzeichnisse (NotAktVV - Ordinance on the Maintenance of Notarial Records and Directories)
All provisions of professional law can be found on the website of the Federal Chamber of Notaries at www.bnotk.de under "Berufsrecht".
All attorneys who are also designated as tax advisors (Steuerberater) are admitted to practice as tax advisors in the Federal Republic of Germany and are members of their local German Association of Tax Advisors (Steuerberaterkammer).
Frankfurt am Main: Steuerberaterkammer Hessen, Körperschaft des öffentlichen Rechts
Gutleutstraße 175, 60327 Frankfurt - www.stbk-hessen.de
The responsible regulatory authority is the board of directors of the German Association of Tax Advisors (Steuerberaterkammer), Gutleutstraße 175, 60327 Frankfurt.
Tax advisors are subject, inter alia, to the following professional laws, regulations and standards:
- German Tax Advisors Act (StBerG)
- Regulations for Implementation of the German Tax Advisors Act (DVStB)
- Professional Standards for Tax Advisors (BOStB)
- Regulations on Tax Advisors' Fees (StBGebV)
All professional laws, regulations and standards are available on the website of the German Association of Tax Advisors at www.bstbk.de. Click on "Downloads" and select "Berufsrechtliches Handbuch."
Certified Public Accountants
All attorneys who are also designated as certified public accountants (vereidigter Buchprüfer) are admitted to practice as certified public accountants in the Federal Republic of Germany and are members of the German Association of Certified Public Accountants (Wirtschaftsprüferkammer).
Wirtschaftsprüferkammer, Körperschaft des öffentlichen Rechts
Rauchstraße 26, 10787 Berlin - www.wpk.de
The responsible regulatory authority is the German Association of Certified Public Accountants (Wirtschaftsprüferkammer), Rauchstraße 26, 10787 Berlin.
Certified public accountants are subject, inter alia, to the following professional laws, regulations, rules and standards:
- Professional Rules for Certified Public Accountants (WPO)
- Professional Standards for Certified Public Accountants (BSWP/vBP)
- Professional Standards for Quality Control
- Rules for Seals of Certified Public Accountants (SiegelVO)
- Professional Liabilty Insurance Regulations for Certified Public Accountants (WPBHV)
All professional laws, regulations, rules and standards are available on the website of the German Association of Certified Public Accountants under http://www.wpk.de under "Rechtsvorschriften."
Attorneys at Law
The professional title "attorney at law" is used in the United States of America and is bestowed by each state. All of our lawyers who are also identified as attorneys at law are admitted to practice in the State of New York and are members of the New York State Bar Association:
New York State Bar Association
One Elk Street, Albany, New York 12207, USA
The professional regulatory bodies in the State of New York are as follows:
- New York State Supreme Court, Appelate Division, First Department, 27 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10010, USA
- New York State Unified Court System, Office of Court Administration, 25 Beaver Street, Room 840, New York, New York 10004, USA
- New York State Bar Association, One Elk Street, Albany, New York 12207, USA
Attorneys at law are subject, inter alia, to the following rules and regulations:
- Title 22 of the New York Codes Rules and Regulations (N.Y.C.R.R.)
- New York Rules of Professional Conduct (Effective April 1, 2009)
These and other rules and regulations are available on the website of the New York State Bar Association at www.nysba.org under the heading "For Attorneys" and under the subheadings "NY Codes, Rules and Regulations (NYCRRR)" and "Professional Standards for Attorneys."
The professional title "Solicitor" is used in England and Wales and is bestowed by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. All of our lawyers who are also identified as solicitors are admitted to practice law in England and Wales. The local bar association is:
Law Society of England and Wales, The Law Society's Hall
113 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1PL, United Kingdom
The responsible regulatory authority is as follows:
Solicitors Regulation Authority, Ipsley Court, Berrington Close
Redditch, B98 0TD or DX 19114 Redditch, United Kingdom
Solicitors are subject, inter alia, to the following professional laws, rules and regulations:
- The Legal Service Act 2007
- The Solicitor’s code of conduct 2007
These and other laws, rules and regulations are available on the website of the Solicitor Regulation Authority at www.sra.org.uk under the heading "For Solicitors."
Online dispute settlement platform and consumer disputes Settlement
The platform of the European Commission for online dispute settlement can be reviewed under http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
The competent consumer conciliation board for disputes over proprietary interests resulting from a client relationship is the Lawyers' Meditation Board (Schlichtungsstelle der Rechtsanwaltschaft), Neue Grünstraße 17, 10179 Berlin, www.schlichtungsstelle-der-rechtsanwaltschaft.de.
FPS Fritze Wicke Seelig Partnerschaftsgesellschaft von Rechtsanwälten mbB does not participate in dispute settlement proceedings before a consumer arbitration board.
Professional liability insurance
Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt and Hamburg offices: Allianz-Versicherungs-AG, 10900 Berlin
Certified public accountant: Versicherungsstelle Wiesbaden,
Dotzheimer Str. 23, 65185 Wiesbaden
Geographic coverage: professional liability insurance coverage is valid for all services rendered by our offices worldwide.
Disclaimer FPS Blog
The FPS blog is meant for entrepreneurs and businesses, as well as for legal laypersons and those interested in general legal information. In order to be able to convey legal information to this target group in an understandable manner, our information is frequently presented in a simplified and abbreviated format. Consequently FPS blog posts are merely intended for general information and reflect the views and opinions of the attorneys posting on our blog. FPS blog posts therefore should not be viewed as legal advice, since cases are too different to be solved based on a single blog post. FPS blog posts merely reflect the law on the date of publication.
Legal advice on a particular matter can, and may, be provided only by an attorney in accordance with the German Legal Services Act. We therefore ask that you consult one of our specialized attorneys if you need legal advice in a specific case.
© FPS Fritze Wicke Seelig Partnerschaftsgesellschaft von Rechtsanwälten mbB
Concept and design: Appel Nowitzki GmbH, www.appelnowitzki.com